Myself and my good friend Lydia have been running Fat Club – Eat Less Move More group on facebook for almost 2 years now. The group came about after we featured on Katie Hopkins My Fat Story back in January 2015. The group has grown enormously over that time and we are now at almost 20,000 members and that number is growing every day!
I love being admin on the group and setting challenges for us all. Recently though, i have been letting things slide a bit and i am ready for our next challenge, so let me introduce you to the ‘Jingle (not jiggle) All The Way Challenge’!
Eat less, move more is not a diet, it is exactly what it says on the tin. In order to lose weight you need to eat less (this means crappy food not food in general) and move more. This simple combination will make you lose weight… simples! However it is not always that simple if you are not in the right frame of mind, and that’s where Fat Club comes in. With lots of support and positive attitudes, it’s amazing what you can achieve.
So in the run up to Christmas i am challenging the group to really try and step up their game so we can all have a virtual weight loss reveal on Christmas Eve… maybe in a new frock that is a size smaller, or even being able to work out longer than they could at the start of the challenge. I will be rolling up my sleeves and getting fully involved also. I want to feel and look better by Xmas eve so i am starting my challenge TODAY!
Here is my plan for the challenge, which i am going to be sharing with the group and on my blog:
- I will weigh in and take my measurements at the start and at weekly intervals throughout the challenge, this will be reported on here and in the group on Saturday mornings until Xmas eve.
- As i am a visual person, i am going to colour in a part of this picture every time i lose a pound… hopefully all the baubles will be coloured in by xmas eve!
- Each week i am going to commit to a bit more exercise than the previous week. This will introduce me back into Hi Impact Interval Training more gradually and hopefully make it more enjoyable, this can also be applied to the distance you run or the amount of steps you do – i just want to see myself and the group improve… we do not have to be perfect, who has time for that?!
- Each week i plan to try a brand new healthy recipe that i have found on line, if group members do the same we can recipe share once a week making our next weeks meal planning a lot easier!
- Everything related to this challenge will have the hash tag #fatclubjingle on social media, so if you would like to get involved, join the group and use the hashtag, you will be able to see how everyone else is getting on too.
- Every Saturday i will give a detailed account of my week, including what i have eaten, exercise that i have done and how i am generally feeling. I will post an update on Fat Club each Saturday morning, so members can share their progress also.
I’m so looking forward to this challenge, i have needed it so bad. My healthy eating and exercise has not been consistent since i moved house in the Spring… lets just say, my muffin has a serious top at the moment.
My ultimate goal is to lose 1 stone, which is very achievable in 9+ weeks if i stay consistent.
So will you join in the challenge and make yourself proud on Christmas Eve?
Pin and read later…